Blogging these days have become quite hard but not expensive if you can use your brain.
Our today’s class is about Semrush Tutorial & Review.
If you are serious about blogging then you should know that most bloggers get failed because of their lack of enough data to optimize their Websites.
From creating content to optimizing content, every action of your website should be driven by reliable data.
By the way, you will be happy to know that by this article you will be able to perform several activities like keyword research, competition analyzing, overall site audit, SEO check, and more with this amazing SEO tool (trial available).
Yeah, that SEO tool is the Semrush where you will get a 7-day free trial on your first signup. We will also discuss the pricing later.
But let us begin first!Activate Your Free 7 days Free Trial
Semrush Amazing features – 12 specialty tools :
- Site auditing
- Position Tracking
- Organic Traffic Insights
- On-page SEO Check
- Backlink Auditing tool
- Link Building Tool
- Social Media Tracker
- Social Media Poster
- Brand monitoring and Analysing
- PPC Keyword Support tool
- Ad Building
Isn’t Semrush cool?
You are getting all of those amazing features to work for your website. You won’t only get reliable data but also a real expert to take instant actions to improve your website.
- What is Semrush? (Advance Semrush Tutorial)
- 1. Domain Analytics using Semrush
- 2. Find Profitable keyword opportunities using Semrush
- 3. How To Use Semrush For on-page SEO
- 4. How To Use Semrush To Research Your Competitors
- 5. Other Semrush Features (Semrush Tutorial)
- 6. Semrush Pricing
- Semrush And Ahrefs! Which one would be best?
- Best Tool For SEO Keyword Research (Comparison between Ahrefs and Semrush)
- Semrush Pros and Cons
- How To Get SEMrush Pro Free Trial for 7 Days Worth 99.95$
What is Semrush? (Advance Semrush Tutorial)
Although we have discussed Semrush, still you should know some more information about it.
In the Beginning, semRush used to run only a few features like keyword research and backlink audit.
But slowly it developed and now features 12 prominent and advanced tools to research your business or website.
Professionals bloggers and Digital marketers are using Semrush nowadays. Semrush is known for its advanced SEO tools, and for data accuracy.
If you see Semrush’s review on Google, you can easily wonder its popularity.
How Does Semrush Pull Data?
When using the Semrush tool, you can see how Semrush Collects data and shows you in an informative way.Activate Your Free 7 days Free Trial
Semrush pulls data in two main ways:
The first one is by the search bar: You can view your website’s overall report by entering a site’s URL in the search bar. You can also see your competitors’, discover new things, and make keyword lists.
The second medium is by creating a project: You can also pull data through creating a project. I will show you all this in detail later in this article.
How To Use Semrush
As an SEO tool, Semrush has a bit more features than others, comparatively when it comes to use. You can easily use Semrush if you follow the right way.
We will also discuss the shortcuts of its features and easy-to-use way. Now let’s dig into the use of Semrush tool.
The first step on Semrush is to Sign up for your new account.
You can see the Signup button in the top right corner. Click that.
Then you will be shown the page of putting your email and password.
Put your information and hit the green button to successfully create an account. Then You will be sent a confirmation mail from semrush. Click the link in that mail and verify your account
Let me inform the good news: usability is a very strong point when it comes to using Semrush. So, take it easy.
Like every other tool, semrush has a dashboard on it, where you can see the overall performance of your active campaigns at a glance. This is the first thing you will be seen after you login into your newly created Semrush account.
Then you have to create a project for your domain name so that you can take all actions through your project. Also, your every change and work will be saved on your projects.
Create a new project by entering your domain on the “Add new project” section located on the left menubar
You will see a pop-up next where you have to enter your domain address and project name. Then you can hit the “Create project” button.
The time of creating Semrush new project is like an unboxing moment.
As soon as you click “Create Project” semrush will redirect you to the page where it will show off its marketing and analytic tools Such as-
- Semrush traffic analytics
- keyword research
- PPC Keyword tool and more
But you can also access those tools by going to the dashboard from the “Main menu” section.
Now you should know about the tools and features of Semrush that you will get in the dashboard.Activate Your Free 7 days Free Trial
Semrush Dashboard Overview
You can see on the above screenshot that I have already settled “position tracking” for bloggingqna.
We will take a look at “Position Track” later. In the meantime, let’s learn a little more about the rest of our dashboard:
- Site Audit – This tool is going to be great for you if you are new to Semrush. It performs a detailed analysis of your site and provides an actionable report.
- On-page SEO Checker – if you already have pages that are ranking on top of google or posts which have potential. Then this tool can show you the way forward. It also analyses on-page SEO factors and, tells you the way to optimize them better.
- Social Media Tracker – Semrush also has a tool for marketers who cares about marketing. Here you can connect all your business social media accounts and see your followers, likes, posting strategy, and more in one place.
- Brand Monitoring – By this, you can monitor your Competitor’s activity and mentions. It can check whether your competitor is a website or a social media profile.
- Notes – One thing everyone cares a lot about is SEO. Semrush is always here to imply your SEO knowledge by letting you know the important and daily updated information regarding SEO. You can see it on the “Notes” card.
- Semrush Sensor – When it comes to SEO updates, the Semrush sensor can check the volatility of SERP by which you can see the algorithm changes and check if your website has a good volatility score or if your site is affected.
- Backlink Audit – You may know that backlink is the second most important term for SEO after on-page optimization. Semrush can run deep research on your external link profile and provide you the probability of harmful backlinks.
- Organic Traffic Insights – it carries data from Google analytics including average data session, bounce rate, ranked keywords, errors, and so on. Also, it can identify keywords that are not provided on your account, which is quite a hassle job.
- Display Advertising Tool – it shows you the banner and ads you are currently running for your domain. You can also spy on your competitor’s advertisement display and strategies.
How to add Domain in Dashboard
I think by now, you are somewhat cleared with the miniature things of Semrush Dashboard. Now should we step for the other exciting features?
Are you excited?
I know you are, Let’s dig deep into this Semrush Tutorial & Review.
Wait, don’t rush. There’s still a thing to do and that adds your Domain. Enter your domain on the card above on the dashboard labeled “Add domains and monitor their performance”
And click “Add domain“. Then the panel will take a load and show you the domain along with significant metrics. You will see:
- Authority Score
- Total organic traffic
- Your ad’s traffic
- Link Profile
- Active visible advertising’s
After you are done with adding your domain. it’s time to run a complete deep analysis. This will take us to the first Feature of Semrush that I will discuss below
Now, let’s dig into the ” Domain analysis” part of our Semrush Tutorial.Activate Your Free 7 days Free Trial
1. Domain Analytics using Semrush
Click on your Domain name from the “Domain overview” page and you will be redirected to the analytics page.
You can also start a domain analysis from the ‘overview’ of “Domain Analytics” in the sub-menu.
Then simply enter the domain you want to analyze and hit ‘search‘. But the problem here is you should need to analyze your domain again and again as it often takes updates.
So, better to add the domain to your projects first to save the data. You can also put your competitor’s domain address here to generate data and take action.
But you can also see and research your competitors by entering domain addresses. Semrush will show your competitors themselves!
This page will show you the loaded information about your competitor as soon as you click ‘search‘.
It will show data according to four topics:
- Organic Search Traffic – How much traffic you are getting by search engines through SERP and it will also let you know the competitors for your keyword.
- Paid Search Traffic – the keywords which are ranking and letting you gain traffics and the sample ad text will be shown here.
- Backlinks – It will show you the number of your link profile. It also shows the most used anchor text in these links.
- Display Advertising – where are your advertisements running and which of your landing pages have the most impression.
The top portion of your Domain Overview page will show metrics on five things:
- Authority score
- Total organic traffic
- Paid Search Traffics
- Backlinks and
- Display Advertising
If you don’t have any PPC then the “Display Advertising” will remain zero.
By the way, those five topics are not the most important thing. There are far more crucial data groups to take high-impact actions on your marketing plan.
Let’s see all of them.
(a) Keyword Analytics
Most people would love to research their preferable keywords. That’s the most interesting part you are going to do by Semrush as an SEO Analytics tool.
This shows the visitors you get through SERP listings. You will see the five keywords responsible for your organic traffic on the card of “Top Organic Keywords” located below your “Domain Overview” page.
Let’s discuss all of the columns below:
- Position – By this column, you can see the keywords for which you are currently ranking. For example, From the above picture, we can see that my website is currently ranking for the “my response is on my own….” keyword.
- Volume – you can easily determine traffic potential for your keyword. The values of this column represent the average monthly search.
- CPC – this shows up the value marketers are willing to spend for that keyword on SERP. The more the CPC, the more that term is profitable.
- Traffic % – Don’t think that the amount of monthly search of a keyword is the number of visitors you will get. Suppose, “my response is on my own website” keyword gets 900 search monthly but that’s only 7.6% responsible for my traffic.
Next to that keyword section, you will be seeing the column of metrics that impact organic traffic.
To check the full listing of your organic keywords, take a look at “View details”. That will take you to the “Positions” page of your domain’s organic research report.
(b) Targeting For Your Ranking Keywords
If your intention is to research keywords for SEO. Then don’t ignore your already ranking keywords. Let me show you something:
As you can see, I have ranked on the 1st position for “my response is on my own website” keyword and I got 5.80 traffic by that keyword.
Even though the keyword is getting 30 searches monthly. But I am not able to get a fair share.