The story of baddies – Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Shark and Ms. Tarantula.
Friday, April 22, 2022 (Nationwide)
action and rude humorPARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED MPA
Plot: What’s the story about?
Never have there been five friends as infamous as The Bad Guys—dashing pickpocket Mr. Wolf, seen-it-all safecracker Mr. Snake, chill master-of-disguise Mr. Shark, short-fused “muscle” Mr. Piranha and sharp-tongued expert hacker Ms. Tarantula, aka “Webs.” But when, after years of countless heists and being the world’s most-wanted villains, the gang is finally caught, Mr. Wolf brokers a deal (that he has no intention of keeping) to save them all from prison: The Bad Guys will go good. Under the tutelage of their mentor Professor Marmalade, an arrogant (but adorable!) guinea pig, The Bad Guys set out to fool the world that they’ve been transformed. Along the way, though, Mr. Wolf begins to suspect that doing good for real may give him what he’s always secretly longed for: acceptance. So when a new villain threatens the city, can Mr. Wolf persuade the rest of the gang to become … The Good Guys?
Who stars in The Bad Guys: Cast List
Trolls World Tour, Poltergeist
The Little Mermaid, Raya and the Last Dragon
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Distant
What Is Life Worth, Respect
Dolittle, The Other Guys
Bullet Train, Lucy in the Sky
Riverdance: The Animated Adventure
Catwoman, The Lizzie McGuire Movie
The Souvenir Part II, The Watch
Who’s making The Bad Guys: Crew List
A look at the The Bad Guys behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film’s writer Etan Cohen last wrote Rumble and Holmes & Watson.
Watch: The Bad Guys Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Bad Guys?
- The Bad Guys is directed by Pierre Perifel (animator, the Kung Fu Panda films), making his feature-directing debut. The film is produced by Damon Ross (development executive Trolls, The Boss Baby, co-producer Nacho Libre) and Rebecca Huntley (associate producer, The Boss Baby). The executive producers are Aaron Blabey, Etan Cohen and Patrick Hughes (12/18/2021).
- Based on the bestselling Scholastic blockbuster book series by Aaron Blabey, which has more than 8.2 million copies in print worldwide (3/17/2021).
- This is the feature directorial debut of Pierre Pierfel, who directed the award-winning short Bilby and was an animator on Kung Fu Panda (10/15/19).
- Adaption of the illustrated cartoon book series by author Aaron Blabely.
- December 2021: The film was in Completed status.
- December 2021: The film was in Post-Production status.
- December 2020: The film was in Production status.
- October 2019: The film was in Development status.
Director Pierre Perifel on board with an estimated release in 2021.
- April 2018: The film was in Development status.
The Bad Guys Release Date: When was the film released?
The Bad Guys was released in 2022 on Friday, April 22, 2022 (Nationwide release). There were 14 other movies released on the same date, including The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, The Northman and Unplugging.